ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate period end financial statements.
- Assist in maintaining the layout and printing of financial statements and schedules for Operations reports.
- Research variances in the pizzeria financial statements and post adjustments to the general ledger.
- Prepare end of period statements for Operations
- Answer questions from team members including Executive Manangement Team, District Manangers and General Manangers.
Responsible for maintaining the pizzeria general ledgers and overseeing postings to those ledgers.
- Maintain and post miscellaneous journal entries to the general ledger, principally for pizzerias.
- Enter and post sales, inventory, and Fintech (alcohol purchases) entries.
- Reconcile of Fintech purchases between the GL and bank statement
- Oversee reconciliation of each store's food, paper, and soft drink trial balances each period.
- Provide copy of each store's food, paper, and soft drink trial balances each quarter to the GM.
- Set up new general ledger accounts.
- Collect and post non-financial pizzeria information into GP (e.g., check average and transactions)
Responsible for generating reports from the point of sale system and reconciling them to the cash reporting from the pizzerias.
Responsible for analysis of loss prevention reports from SLICE to see if there is any activity that needs to be brought to the attention of Operations management.
Responsible for coordinating the period end schedule, and ensuring delivery/due dates are met.
Responsible for coordinating weekly paperwork received from the stores, and distributing the various components to the applicable team members within the Finance Department.
Works closely with other departments to help support various pizzeria analysis and initiatives.
Responsible for oversight of 1099 preparation and mailing.
Responsible for oversight of Positive Pay process (i.e, the transfer of file to KeyBank, and review of exception reports).
Responsible for reconciling various balance sheet accounts.
Assist in profit plan process
•· Responsible for preparing worksheets for pizzerias.
•· Responsible for uploading profit plan values into Great Plains (Dynamics GP) for pizzerias.
•· Assist in evaluating changes from current year to next year
Assist in preparing workpapers for the annual financial statement audit.
•· Prepare various workpapers for auditors.
•· Provide detailed financial statements, with supporting documentation.
•· Be available for answering questions and providing support and documentation for auditors.
Responsible for supervising accounts payable clerk(s).
Responsible for preparing and filing Form 8027 Tip Reporting for the IRS for the company pizzerias.
Responsible for staying informed on restaurant industry trends.
Prepare ad hoc reports as necessary.